Session Recording Playlist
12 Federal Agencies!
The White House!
Click titles to view sessions
● Geoffrey Canada Keynote Address: Adaptive Leadership for Systems Change
● Equitable Broadband Infrastructure
● Building an Equitable Green Economy
● White House Panel Discussion (Interagency Council, Diversity Council, Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships, and Council on Native American Affairs)
Federal Resources for Community Impact!
The National Coalition of Promise Zones (NCPZ) partnered with U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Liaisons to host and moderate the National Coalition of Promise Zones 2021 Federal Convening, a series of 9 virtual sessions with presentations from federal agencies, change agents, and community leaders. 33 presenters/panelists who respectively represented 12 federal agencies, four White House councils/offices, two community organizations, and one university shared information about federal funding, resources, opportunities, and information/results related to federal initiatives or resources for place-based collective community development. The session topics focused on:
● Economic Stability ● Geoffrey Canada Keynote Address: Adaptive Leadership for Systems Change ● Education ● Health & Healthcare ● Social & Community Context ● Equitable Broadband Infrastructure ● Building an Equitable Green Economy ● White House Panel Discussion (Interagency Council, Diversity Council, Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships, and Council on Native American Affairs)
The presentations were attended by a total of 549 attendees from across the country, Promise Zone leaders of community-based organizations (CBO), businesses, school districts, colleges/universities, elected officials, and other leaders. An average of over 61 attendees joined each presentation to learn about federal programs and efforts that have positively impacted low-to-moderate income (LMI) communities. HUD Community Liaisons moderated the presentation sessions to provide transition between presentation topics, presenter panelists, and facilitate Q&A opportunities between the attendees and presenters. Each presentation’s goal was to educate and empower Promise Zone leaders about resources and their use for impacting communities. The sessions were recorded to provide ongoing opportunities for individuals, organizations, and communities to benefit from the information shared. Respective Promise Zones may assist by connecting to federal agency representatives and other partners. National Coalition of Promise Zones is a volunteer group of organizations from around the country who are focused on Place-Based Collective Community Development. More information about the National Coalition of Promise Zones and links to each member’s respective websites may be found at www.ncpz.org NCPZ sessions recordings are available on the Sacramento Promise Zone (SPZ) YouTube Channel (NCPZ 2021 Federal Convening playlist) or on the Sacramento Promise Zone Facebook page in the ‘videos’ section of the SPZ page.